So a few weeks ago I got myself a lovely OM-2, for months I was opposed to getting it, nothing was wrong with my trusty OM-10 that Ant got me, it had always done me well, why did I need a new camera? Well after finally giving into temptation and a brilliant deal on ebay I got my OM-2. As soon as I put the camera into my hands I knew I had made the right choice, the build is incredibly tactile and it feels great in my hands. The viewfinder is massive and the metering is perfect. After getting my camera I wondered what film to run through it as the first roll, as someone who normally shoots colour it seemed like the obvious thing to do but instead I chose Ilford XP2 400, I could pretend that I wanted to expand my work in black and white but in all honesty I just wanted to save my colour film for my excursion to Scotland in a few weeks time. Despite my reasons for running that roll through my camera I was really pleased with the results, I must admit I'm warming up to working in B&W, I often find myself inspired by other peoples black and whites such as my lovely boyfriend Ants work and the shots that I see in the black and white photography magazine, they're enough to inspire anyone. The shots that you see above are a few of my favourites from the roll (my dad hates the first one but I quite like it) There are many more pictures I would love to share but they can come another time.

One Response so far.

  1. Your blog is beautiful :) I love your photos.
    I happen to have an OM10, my dad's actually, I got it CLAd but it's still giving me trouble, unfortunately it's still giving some amount of trouble & I'm not able to use it. So I have used a dslr but no film slr before, I'm new to this! (But not new to film photography in general).
    I just got a Canon A1 off eBay, not even reached me yet!
    I totally got what you mean with B&W, I feel quite the same, like everything is drab without color & whatnot. But I am learning to appreciate the look it gives. All of these photos are very lovely but I especially love the last one, that little girl is so cute & the scene on the whole is just stunning.
    As my I've just started writing about film photography on my blog I'm seeking out blogs with similar content to visit more. Is there any way I can follow your blog, via GFC or Bloglovin'?
    www.Magalic.com

Leave a Reply

Cameras I shoot with

  • OM10
  • Box Brownie
  • Diana Mini
  • Holga
  • WZFO Start B TLR
All content copyright © Hannah Bryant. Powered by Blogger.